Diluting Essential Oils
Essential oils are highly concentrated, volatile substances. In order to be used safely, they should be diluted in another safe substance, like water, a skin care oil or an unscented lotion or liquid soap. Follow the recommendations in this guide for safe, effective use.
Standard Measurement: 1ml= 20drops
Dilution Golden Rule: 6 drops of essential oil + 1 oz. or 30ml carrier = 1% dilution
*Carriers: Water, Skin Care Oil, Unscented lotion or liquid soap
Simple Ways to Use Essential Oils
Essential Oil Safety
Essential oils are very concentrated. Their safe use requires they be treated with care and respect. The user should be knowledgeable about their properties and actions before any use. Most personal applications require drops rather than ounces.
Whenever you use essential oils, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Do not use essential oils undiluted on skin.
- Keep in mind that the absorption is increased on damaged skin.
- Test diluted essential oils on inconspicous areas before general use.
- Use photosensitizing essential oils cautiously.
- Consult with a health practitioner before use if pregnant, nursing, suffering from any medical condition, or taking medication.
- Keep essential oils out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep essential oils away from your eyes.
- Do not use essential oils internally.
- Follow specific recommendations for dilution based on the person and application.
- Don’t overuse essential oils.
Shop Aura Cacia Essential Oils: https://tnsskinlab.com/product-category/aromatherapy/essential-oil/