Q: What is a “natural product”?
A: There is no official definition, any product which contains any amount of natural ingredients can be called a natural product. The question should therefore be: “how natural?”: in terms of % of natural ingredients and what kind of “other” ingredients are used.
Q: What is an “organic product”?
A: Generally, any product which contains 70% or more organic ingredients (exclude water & salt) can be called an organic product. The other 30% can be anything but normally are as safe & natural as possible.
Q: What is a “certified product”?
A: A product certified as natural or organic by a competent body is called a “certified natural” or “certified organic” product. Different certification bodies have different conditions & criteria with regards to the composition of ingredients, and different types of certifications. An official logo does not tell you the whole story.
Q: Difference between hydrate & moisturize?
A: Hydrating is to provide water (H20, aqua) to the skin; moisturizing is to keep water in the skin by protecting the skin from evaporation, usually by using oil as a barrier.
Q: Face oils will make the face more oily?
A: No, light face oils can actually balance up our own oil production and prevent our skin from becoming overly oily. The most important point is correct use: 1 to 3 drops are usually enough; using too much may result in excessive oiliness and clogged pores and lead to outbreaks.
Q: Why oil cleansers are perfect face cleansers?
A: Firstly, oil penetrates the skin deeper than water and is able to remove dirt & grime from the deepest pores, and is thus the ideal make-up remover; secondly, light oils (jojoba, macadamia, avocado etc.) that resemble our own lipids actually balance up the oil production of our own skin and prevent it from over production and over oiliness ; thirdly, a good oil cleanser is the best way to unclog pores and keep them clean and clear with healthy, glowing skin. Correct use of oil cleanser –must wipe the face clean and remove excess oil with a wet soft cotton cloth after cleansing.
Q: Why different types of face masks?
A: They serve different functions: 1) Deep cleansing masks like clay or mud masks actually clean the skin deeply by extracting all the dirt & grime & oils from the pores and absorbing them; 2) hydrating masks on the other hand hydrate the skin by feeding and retaining water to the skin; 3) nourishing masks feed nutrients to the skin via carriers such as liquid, serum or cream etc..
Q: What are the functions of a toner?
A: Toners are astringents designed to remove the very last of skin impurities after cleansing, to refine skin pores, balance skin PH and prepare the skin for effective intake of serums & moisturizers. Toning is an important cleansing step if we want to achieve clear and refined skin complexion. Not to be confused, a “mist toner” is a face mist used to hydrate & refresh the skin, and to set makeup. Premium grade toners and face mists can also be used to deliver nutrients to our skin to deliver